Saturday, November 8, 2008

poppy cat studios to the rescue!


here is my latest little purchase... a cute necklace charm and a MORE than cute pinset on a postcard. the postcard reads, "In a field of many flowers, you're the one i pick" the pendant above was one of my faves on her site as well. it's of two lovers kissing, made form a painting she she herself painted.
i bought this on etsy from a little fairy of a lady who has the cutest drawings / paintings / crafts. i was just reading her blog and i have to admit, there is something very magical about this little fairy. she lives in the mountains and is a mama to a little sprite of her own. it seems (thru her blog at least) that she spends time working at hre sons school with an art program that she has created and she seems to like to take nature piccies. flowers, scenery...she likes yosemite. this is all i know of the little fairy who signs her paintings "saffron".
her paintings are seomwhat child-like and have a unique style to them. it reminds me of illustrations you might see in the la weekly or in womans magazines, there to illustrate a sassy little tart or a weeping heart-broken young miss... (bottom pin to the right). she also has a really cute painting of a froggy seranading a very demure looking lady mouse. :) i want to buy a print of this next. her prices are super reasonable and she sent along a free magnet of a cowboy doggy. :) i forgot to take apic of it, as it's already on my fridge and was away from my other main goodies that i had chosen.
i thikn if you cath this bloggy, you should go check out her shop:
i've actually written to her 'cos i want her to make two paintings for me. i want two portraits of my cutie and i in her style of painitng. she said if i sent her shots of us in different face angles that she would be able to do it. i showed my fiance her site and he thought it would be really cute to have those paintings in our new apartment. i can't WAIT! now all iahve to do is get crackin' and take some shots of us to send her.
i'm currently a smitten kitten with everything saffron / poppy cat! check her site out, i doubt you'll regret it! i want more!!! :)

2 comments:

creepazoidart said...

oh, how very considerate of you, what a sweet write-up!! You have made my day, today! I'm so very happy that you are pleased with the little goodies!!
Luv.... saffron

saffron said...

Oh, dear... I've left you a comment under my son's name...Duh! This is the real me now.. thanks again!
Luv, saffron